What Personal Information We Collect
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (“Personal Information”). We collect Personal Information when you voluntarily provide it through our Services, or when you provide it to us through other means. For example, we may collect Personal Information when you:
- contact us through email, telephone, mail, or other correspondence;
- register for or request a service we provide or which we make available to you through our Services;
- upload content to our Website;
- create an account on the Services;
- link an account to our Services;
- purchase items in our online store;
- communicate with HumbleBerry;
- make a donation through our Services;
- participate in a Sweepstakes or Auction;
- sponsor a Sweepstakes;
- partner with a Sweepstakes; and
- submit information about product purchases.
The Personal Information we collect will depend on the service you request. The Personal Information we collect might include:
- your full name;
- contact information, such as your address, telephone number, or email address;
- shipping address;
- billing address;
- your date of birth;
- your social media username;
- your payment and banking information;
- information provided by third party payment processors such as credit card providers or PayPal;
- your Bitcoin wallet address;
- your location;
- Website usage data, such as webpages viewed, viewing time, click information, and other analytical data;
- sizing information in connection with clothing; and
- and any other Personal Information that you choose to submit to us.
When you interact with us or other users of the Services we collect certain information. This information might include:
- information about how, when, and where you use our Services;
- webpages of the Website viewed;
- duration of time spent on webpages of the Website;
- error logging, event recording, and user experience data;
- the settings you use on our Services; and
- other analytical data.
We also collect information about you from other sources. We obtain this information from sources such as:
- our business or charitable partners;
- third party service providers, such as Google AdSense;
- other users of the Services;
- banking or other financial services providers; and
- publicly available sources.
How HumbleBerry Collects Information Through Technological Means
When you visit our Website, we may collect information that is automatically sent to us by your web browser. This information may include your domain name, and your numerical IP address. We may also collect other information, such as the type of browser you use, which pages you view, and the files you request. We may also collect software and debug information, information from API access tokens, and referral website addresses through Apache webserver stats.
We use this information to improve our understanding of how users use our Services, to improve our Services, and attract more users. We may also use the information collected for our own research and development purposes.
The amount of information that is sent to us by technological means depends on your browser or device and settings you use. Please refer to the instructions provided by your browser or device if you want to learn more about what information it sends to Services you use, or how you may change or restrict this.
- to improve functionality and performance of our Services, including tailoring our Services to increase relevancy of content displayed to you;
- to facilitate your transactions on the Services;
- to authenticate users of our Services;
- to provide us with insights on how users use our Services and other analytics, such as traffic on our Services;
- to remember your settings and preferences; and
- to deliver relevant advertisements to you based on your interests, preferences, and activities. Cookies also help to avoid delivering the same advertisements to you too many times and to measure the usefulness of advertisements you have been delivered. Information gathered by Cookies may be shared with third parties, including advertisers. This means that sometimes you’ll see our Services advertised elsewhere on the internet.
Please be aware that if you disable or remove Cookies some parts of our Services will not work and that when you revisit our Services your ability to limit cookies is subject to your browser settings and limitations. You can also find out more information about managing, disabling, and deleting cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
How HumbleBerry Uses and Discloses Personal Information
- to deliver our Services to you;
- to register your account on the Services;
- to verify and authenticate your account information;
- to supply you with requested goods, products, or services, including the use of our online store;
- to send you informational, administrative, or promotional communications;
- to communicate with you and to enable charity or corporate partners of our Sweepstakes to communicate with you;
- to administer Sweepstakes and Auctions;
- to award prizes to winners of Sweepstakes;
- to delivered auctioned items to Auction winners;
- to publicize information concerning winners of Sweepstakes and Auctions (for example, such information might be posted on our blog, vlog, or social media);
- to verify compliance with the official rules applicable to each Sweepstakes and Auction;
- to conduct investigations;
- to respond to inquiries and provide you with customer support;
- to increase the security and safety of our Services and users;
- to perform analytics on our Services;
- for any other purposes that are disclosed to you and to which you consent; and
- for any purpose required by law.
When you participate in a Sweepstakes or Auction, we may share with the charity or organization which has partnered with the Sweepstakes or Auction you entered:
- your name;
- your age;
- your gender;
- your location;
- your email;
- your image;
- the price you paid;
- your social media username;
- your entry method (including the size of the donation, if any);
- time spent on the Website and individual webpages;
- information regarding how you interacted with the Website; and
- whether you made a purchase on the Website and information regarding such purchase (such as the item purchased and sizing information).
We also combine, analyze, process, and store information we collect from you for the purposes of facilitating and improving our Services. We may transfer information we collect from you to third party service providers that assist us with carrying out any of these purposes.
We work with payment services providers to collect payments and disburse funds from and to users of our Services. As a result, we will share your Personal Information and other payment information with third party payment service providers, to the extent necessary to make such payment collections and fund disbursements.
Some or all of the information we collect may be stored or processed in jurisdictions outside of Canada. As a result, this information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in those jurisdictions according to laws in those jurisdictions.
We reserve the right to transfer Personal Information to a third party in the event that we merge with or are acquired by a third party, or as part of the negotiations leading up to such merger or acquisition. We also may disclose your Personal Information for any other purpose permitted by law or to which you consent.
How We Protect Personal Information
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We protect your Personal Information by maintaining administrative, physical, and technological safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of such Personal Information. Personal Information may only be accessed by persons within our organization who require such access to provide you with the services indicated above.
We retain Personal Information that we collect only as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or to meet legal requirements. We destroy Personal Information when it is no longer needed.
Third Party Collection of Information
Do Not Track
Do Not Track is a privacy option that people can set in certain web browsers. Do Not Track is a way for individuals to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or other online services. However, we do not recognize or respond to Do Not Track requests, and we have no special monitoring services to identify which browsers are using Do Not Track options and which do not.
Access and Rectification
You have a right to access to your Personal Information and to request a correction to it if you believe it is inaccurate. If you have submitted Personal Information and would like to have access to it, or if you would like to have it corrected, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
Withdrawal of Consent
You may withdraw consent to the collection, use, or disclosure of your information at any time, subject to our legal or contractual obligations and reasonable notice, by contacting our Privacy Officer in writing at admin@HumbleBerry.ca.
How to Contact Us